How to Find the Best ABSA-Accredited Assessor in AustraliaAugust 26, 2022
Buildings cannot only be appealing and long-lasting, but they can also be energy efficient. Their consumption of energy must be regulated optimally by property owners and their occupants to ensure that they do not generate high utility bills and cause harm to the environment.
Being energy efficient, after all, provides properties with the opportunity to help protect the environment from harmful greenhouse gas emissions. The more energy these buildings conserves, the fewer damages they can introduce to their surroundings. Another perk of being energy efficient is it allows property owners to enjoy lower energy bills. The overall value of properties may even improve once they maintain optimal use of energy.
If you currently own a building, you may want to have it checked and assessed by an ABSA-accredited assessor.
Hiring an ABSA-Accredited Assessor is a Must
ABSA, which is known as the Australian Building Sustainability Association, is a professional organisation in Australia that can provide sustainability assessment services, accredit building thermal performance experts and professionals, work with government and governing bodies in formulating policy, and provide advice to the construction industry. All these activities aim to make Australian homes and buildings to be sustainable.
An assessor who is accredited with the ABSA ensures your property will be checked for its energy efficiency rating. Using the appropriate Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme approved rating software, an ABSA-accredited assessor can easily pinpoint the Star rating of your building. The same assessor can then provide some advice in choosing the best building materials and products for your energy-efficient property.
The services of an ABSA-accredited assessor can benefit not just only homeowners, but also builders, architects, and designers.
Most Common Areas an Assessor Will Check
One of the most common areas an assessor will check on a property is the floor area. A floor area that has already existed for decades is expected to be not insulated. Hence, it is recommended for property owners to insulate the floor area as well as the roofing and walls to make their buildings energy efficient.
An assessor will also check the cavities of properties. The existence of insulation in all the primary cavities inside the buildings ensures that they remain energy efficient for a long time.
Windows are likewise looked at by assessors as they can affect the energy efficiency of properties. Without proper glazing, these windows will only contribute to the existence of unnecessary heat inside the properties.
Finding the Most Reliable Assessor in Australia
Opting for an ABSA-accredited assessor for your property ensures that it can be checked without any compromises. To find one, you must collect a list of assessors and check if they have references or not. You can then call ABSA and check if your preferred assessor has any bad records. Ultimately, you can ask the assessor about the services they can carry out, their overall experience, as well as the qualifications of their team.
If you want to have your property checked optimally, contact us at Empire Thermal Group. We are proud to be an accredited assessor with the ABSA, allowing us to provide quick and cost-effective energy efficiency assessments to homeowners, builders, architects, and designers. Even though we are in Melbourne, we can still assess houses all over Australia. Our friendly and experienced team of assessors can easily provide energy efficiency reports for building approval, ensuring that your projects get off the ground quicker.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Six-Star Energy Ratings: Its Impact on Sustainability and the Environment
- Energy Efficiency Assessments in Melbourne: Work with Empire Thermal Group
- BASIX Certification and Home Valuation: How Energy Efficiency Improves Value
- Section J Assessments for Commercial Projects: Optimise Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Benefits of BESS Reports: Why They Matter for Developers
- Market Demand and Public Perception: Why Consumers are Drawn to Six Star Energy Rated Apartments
- The Contributions of Accredited Energy Assessors in Achieving Energy-Efficient Australian Buildings
- Building for the Future: Six Star Energy Reports to Achieve Green Building Standards
- Establishing the Connection between BESS and SDA Reports
- WSUD Report for Storm Management: Key Information You Can Find in the Report
- 5 Tips to Meet the Water Efficiency Targets for BASIX Certification
- 6 Qualities of a 6-Star Energy Rating Residential Building
- The Significance of Submitting SDA Reports to Councils
- How Can WSUD & STORM Reports Address Stormwater Quality in Australia?
- How Can Empire Thermal Group Make Your Building Energy-Efficient?
- BASIX Reports from Empire Thermal Group: When to Get One?
- A Quick Comparison between JV3 and DTS Assessments
- Primary Facts about BASIX Reports
- The Role of Built Environment Sustainability Scorecard in Maintaining a Sustainable Community
- The Significance of Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme
- The Essence of Achieving a Sustainable Architecture for Your New Building