The Significance of Nationwide House Energy Rating SchemeJanuary 24, 2023
The call for sustainability around the world has pushed many industries to adopt practices that are aligned with the said call. One of the industries that have been adopting sustainable practices during their operations is the construction industry.
Many building and construction companies maximise sustainable practices to ensure that their projects will be energy-efficient in the long run. These practices also help buildings and structures to only consume a minimal amount of resources without affecting their quality of life. They can likewise ensure that the materials used for buildings and structures are eco-friendly, can perform effectively, and last for a long time.
Now, to confirm that a home property in Australia is indeed sustainable and energy-efficient, it should be assessed based on the Nationwide House Rating Scheme.
About Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme
The Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme or NatHERS intends to provide energy ratings for new properties, especially residential buildings. It ensures that homes will be energy-efficient and resilient for the future so they can last for a long time without needing too much money for them to run optimally. This scheme supports the move of related global institutions to achieve net zero emissions by the year 2050.
The energy performance of homes, which can be affected by the insulation and other elements of the properties, can be determined by NatHERS alongside the energy-efficient of the included major appliances, solar panels, and many more. It also provides a star rating for the building shell to know how it performs in terms of energy efficiency. Most new home designs in Australia are being assessed for their sustainability through NatHERS.
NatHERS Can Highly Reduce the Cost of Living
Knowing the energy rating of dwellings allows property owners and their designers to implement changes that can further improve and minimise their energy use and spending. It can even help dwellings achieve zero energy consumption and carbon emission, which all help the environment recover its energy assets and be protected from pollution. The cost of living for families can likewise be reduced since they do not have to use tons of energy anymore.
NatHERS can be administered by an accredited software tool, which assesses dwellings based on a wide array of criteria. An energy star rating is then provided at the end to know the status of a property. A certificate may also be provided as proof of completing the assessment. The scheme is administered and regulated by the Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water on behalf of the territories and states.
All new homes in most parts of Australia must achieve a 6-star rating. This rating dictates that a property has a high level of thermal energy performance. Homes with this rating are more comfortable to live in, take advantage of low energy bills, and gain lower costs to install heating and cooling units. They also have a smart design and layout that everyone loves.
If you require an assessor for your next home project, feel free to contact us at Empire Thermal Group. We’ve built a reputation for providing clients and industry bodies with a clearer understanding of the impact of a quality building energy rating process.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Six-Star Energy Ratings: Its Impact on Sustainability and the Environment
- Energy Efficiency Assessments in Melbourne: Work with Empire Thermal Group
- BASIX Certification and Home Valuation: How Energy Efficiency Improves Value
- Section J Assessments for Commercial Projects: Optimise Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Benefits of BESS Reports: Why They Matter for Developers
- Market Demand and Public Perception: Why Consumers are Drawn to Six Star Energy Rated Apartments
- The Contributions of Accredited Energy Assessors in Achieving Energy-Efficient Australian Buildings
- Building for the Future: Six Star Energy Reports to Achieve Green Building Standards
- Establishing the Connection between BESS and SDA Reports
- WSUD Report for Storm Management: Key Information You Can Find in the Report
- 5 Tips to Meet the Water Efficiency Targets for BASIX Certification
- 6 Qualities of a 6-Star Energy Rating Residential Building
- The Significance of Submitting SDA Reports to Councils
- How Can WSUD & STORM Reports Address Stormwater Quality in Australia?
- How Can Empire Thermal Group Make Your Building Energy-Efficient?
- BASIX Reports from Empire Thermal Group: When to Get One?
- A Quick Comparison between JV3 and DTS Assessments
- Primary Facts about BASIX Reports
- The Role of Built Environment Sustainability Scorecard in Maintaining a Sustainable Community
- The Significance of Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme
- The Essence of Achieving a Sustainable Architecture for Your New Building